Cold sore is one of the unsightly and demoralizing skin infections, that only those who have this virus may completely understand how awful life is.
With eMedicineHealth reported that about 80%-90% of people in the U.S. have been exposed to Herpes Simplex Virus Type-1 that cause cold sores, it is understandably that many sufferers look for solution to get rid of this viral skin infection fast, with cold sore machines have gained popularity over the years.
While there are only a handful of zappers with advanced technology that offer electronic cold sore treatment, you might still be wondering:
Which is the best cold sore machine – LipZor, Virulite, or Vygone / VyZapp?
This comprehensive review with comparison table will guide you through.
Option #1: LipZor Light Device For Cold Sores
Lipzor works at any stage of a cold sore, including during the tingling and blister stage.
To use a LipZor cold sore treatment machine:
Step 1. Simply press the Start button on the device,
Step 2. Place the light emitting diodes over the affected area, and
Step 3. Keep the device over the area until the second beep sounds
LipZor normally requires just two treatments a day for 3 days, to significant reduce the healing time.
LipZor Reviews: What Do Users Say
The LipZor customer reviews have generally been positive:
Option #2: Virulite Cold Sore Machine
Developed by practising MD and sold for almost a decade, Virulite is the only electronic device cleared by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in cold sores treatment.
Virulite’s patented light technology at a waveband of 1072nm boost the body’s own natural immune response at the affected area to tackle the cold sore virus, which is clinically proven as supported by medical report published by the US National Center for Biotechnology Information.
Virulite works at any stage of a cold sore, including during the blister or tingling stage, and it is easy to use:
Just activate the device to emit the light to the affected skin area for 3 minutes, repeat after 12 hours – and usually 2 treatments get the results.
Virulite cold sore machine also has built in self-timer that ensures a 3-minute treatment cycle (so no need to watch the clock), whilst a LED flashes to reassure the user that the treatment is taking place.
Virulite Reviews: What Do Users Say
The Virulite customer reviews have generally been positive (and comparable vs Lipzor).
Option #3: VyZapp Cold Sore Zapping Machine
Made in the USA, VyZapp Viral Inhibitor is designed to treat cold sores and blisters by using “beta waves” to halt the eruptions, according to the manufacturer.
To use this device, follow the manufacturer directions as below:
1. Cut Label and place cap over base for better grip.
2. Clean lipstick, gloss, balm, lotions, oils, etc from your lips and afflicted area and from the rounded probe tips.
3. Press probes across cleaned afflicted area, then push and release RED start-button.
4. Timed signals flow in one direction lighting a color then reverses direction lighting other color & off.
5. You may feel electro tickle & mild shock-like sensation at reversal.
6. Apply Viral Inhibitor 8-times daily. Repeat half- hourly if early & tingling, hourly if late & sores.
7. If all colors go on and machine stops it means your skin is too wet. Dry your skin and re-apply!
8. Replace cap over probes when finished.
It is observed that as per VyZapp operating procedure indicated above, the user needs to “press the VyZapp probes on the cold sore afflicted area”, which means there is direct physical contact between the VyZapp device and the skin area infected by viral cold sore virus during the treatment – as shown in the photo on its product description page here.
With the Herpes Simplex Virus Type-1 that causes cold sore is highly contagious, user is required to “clean the rounded probe tips” per instructions to prevent virus spread (just as Vygone zapper) — a tedious step that is not required/applicable to LipZor and Virulite that just need user to press button to emit the light to the affected skin area (without any physical contact).
VyZapp Reviews: What Do Users Say
Cold Sore Machines Comparison: LipZor vs Virulite vs VyZapp
Electronic cold sore treatment has gained popularity over the years, for cold sore sufferers to regain self esteem and commence to reside a normal life, mainly because:
- Pain free light treatment is clinically proven (eg. 1072nm waveband) to treat cold sore fast without side effects, halves cold sore healing time.
- The treatment is very convenient with hygenic application without touching the cold sore.
- Cold sore machines are re-usable device with a replaceable battery – that allows unlimited uses and treatment of cold sores for future outbreaks.
While all the 3 cold sore machines received comparable ratings as feedback by actual users, testifying that all these 3 electronic devices deliver comparable promising results in getting rid of cold sores –
We do not recommend VyZapp (and Vygone zapper) due to the following reasons, as there are certainly alternatives with better cost-effectiveness and usability/convenience:
- VyZapp is the most expensive option among the 3 cold sore machines.
- Users need to press VyZapp probes on cold sore afflicted area with direct contact.
- Users are required to repeatedly perform additional step of cleaning the rounded probe tips.
Cold Sore Machine Reviews: The Verdict and Best Option
As shown in the comparison table above, while both LipZor and Virulite are using similar light technology for cold sore treatment with comparable user reviews testifying on their efficacy –
Virulite Cold Sore Machine is recommended as the Best option for people looking for a reliable cure to get rid of cold sores fast, with 2 key differentiating factors:
- Virulite is much more cost effective, with LipZor’s price is about 40% to 50% higher than Virulite.
- Virulite is the only electronic device that passed stringent criteria and cleared by the US Food and Drug Administration in cold sores treatment (as published at FDA’s website here) – a product quality standout.
In summary, Virulite Cold Sore Machine is a FDA cleared electronic device that uses a patented light technology to heal the cold sores faster by stimulating your own body immune response naturally, without side effects.
The efficacy of this electronic cold sore light treatment zapper is proven with clinical results and actual user experience, while the device allows unlimited uses and treatment of cold sores for future outbreaks.