EndWarts PEN and solution by Meda Ireland are over the counter products for wart treatment.
But are EndWarts products effective in removing HPV warts, including genital warts?
What about medical studies on the efficacy and safety of EndWarts ingredients?
Let’s jump right in to review through.
EndWarts Review: How Does It Work To Remove Warts?
EndWarts contains Formic Acid (FA) which can be used to get rid of warts on hands, feet, elbows and knees.
By following the EndWarts PEN solution instructions and apply it onto the wart regularly once a week –
the EndWarts FA topical solution is absorbed directly into the wart, which helps the body to dry out the warts from the inside.
What Do Experts Say About Ingredients of EndWarts?
The Formic acid in EndWarts PEN solution is the simplest carboxylic acid that is most commonly found in the venom of ant and bee stings in nature.
Formic acid can also be prepared in the laboratory by heating oxalic acid in glycerol and extraction by steam distillation, in which Formic acid is widely used for:
- Industrial purposes – eg. leather production, dyeing of textiles, rubber manufacturing, etc.
- Agricultural purposes – used as food additive, antibacterial preservative and pesticide, etc.
While research by Father Muller’s Medical College Hospital of India demonstrated formic acid application is a safe option in common warts treatment –
the UK Health Protection Agency has classified Formic acid as a corrosive chemical with the following characteristics:
- Toxic by all routes of exposure.
- Inhalation causes irritation of the eyes and nose with sore throat, cough, headache, and tightness of the chest.
- Ingestion causes burning of the mouth and throat, difficulty swallowing, vomiting and stomach pain.
- Exposure to skin can cause burns to the skin layers.
Since Formic acid is corrosive, any product containing Formic acid (like EndWarts) must be used with great caution.
For instance, the US National Library of Medicine reported a third degree formic acid chemical burn in the treatment of a hand wart (as below), after the patient applied a Formic Acid based product to the wart for 6 continuous hours during the night:
EndWarts Side Effects and Warnings You Need To Know
As EndWarts PEN solution contains strong Formic acid that can cause skin damage with excessive dosage, it is important to follow its application instructions to avoid skin damage.
EndWarts has stated the following key warnings and side effects in the EndWarts product information leaflet:
- EndWarts is corrosive with a strong smell that can be irritating to respiratory organs and eyes. Do not smell the content in the bottle. Side effects can for example be irritation in the respiratory system and/or throat, runny nose, runny eyes or difficulty in breathing.
- Do not cover the treated wart (with a plaster for example) when using EndWarts as it may cause soreness, tenderness, or skin damage.
- Do not overdose: Incorrect application or excessive dosage can cause pain and skin damage.
- When excessive dosage, incorrect application or spillage stronger skin reactions can occur, for example blister, wound, dark pigmentation of skin, chemical burn, inflammation, tissue death (necrosis) or scar.
- Less serious, temporary side effects can occur, on the application site, for example tenderness, stinging, pain, redness, burning sensation or bleeding from blood capillaries.
- EndWarts must NOT be used for treating facial warts or genital warts.
User Reviews: Is EndWarts PEN Solution Effective For Warts?
The users feedback on EndWarts PEN solution have been mixed, with below are some actual EndWarts customer reviews (translated):
Saba commented: ‘I purchased this product for my son who has warts on hands and feet for years. Once applied weekly, no pain.. all warts were gone after 5-6 weeks. Had tried many things previously including freezing but didn’t work.’
D. Börnert feedback: ‘I have a wart on foot for months, did not disappear despite medical treatment. I used this product and it helped. It is very strong and it hurts during the treatment but hey, the wart is gone.’
Schlotter Lotte said: ‘I am very disappointed with the product. Was hopeful on it because of the fairly good reviews, but it did not work on me. Used Endwarts for more than three months, and it shows no improvement. I therefore can not recommend Endwarts.’
EndWarts PEN Price and Where To Buy: Boots UK, CVS, or..?
While EndWarts official website indicates ‘EndWarts is available in your local pharmacy’ –
It is puzzling to see that EndWarts products are not available for sale even in top pharmacies like Boots UK, Walgreens, and CVS – as shown below.
EndWarts vs Over The Counter Wart Remover Alternatives
With EndWarts show mixed customer reviews and not easily available to buy, below are some good over the counter options for consideration:
Option #1: Wartner Wart and Verruca Removal Pen
If you prefer wart pen, then Wartner pen with Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA) is a sound alternative.
Customer feedback on Wartner pen results has been generally positive, with 4.1 out of 5 stars rating based on 259 reviews from Amazon UK verified customers.
The customer feedback generally testified the product does what it says, and is #1 Best Seller at Amazon UK in wart removal category – as shown below.
>> Check out detailed Wartner wart removal pen review
Option #2: Nevi-Skin Wart and Mole Removal Cream
For those who are not comfortable with Acid-based over the counter products (like EndWarts and Wartner), then Nevi-Skin cream is a good option.
Nevi-Skin by DermalMeds is a topical treatment cream formulated with natural herbal extracts, for removal of genital warts, plantar foot warts, common warts on hand and fingers, moles on the skin and face, skin tags and syringoma.
>> Check out Nevi-Skin reviews.
>> Find out more at Nevi-Skin official website.