It is most commonly concerned with the toenail as opposed to fingernails as the fungus requires damp and dark places to grow, and can be the result of not washing your feet after prolonged use of shoes.
There are quite a few remedies that can be tried to deal with this, with Loceryl Nail Lacquer and CuraNail Gel are among the most popular remedies on the market today.
But does Loceryl nail paint really work?
Loceryl Ingredients Review: Is Amorolfine Effective?
In medical terms, nail fungus is known as Onychomycosis. The earliest indicator is the formation of a white or yellowish spot under the tip of your nails. It can affect change the color of your nails as it progresses or even induce crumbling.
The Loceryl Nail Lacquer, a product of Galderman Pharmaceuticals, is a tried and tested relief to the worry of nail fungus. It’s been 15 years in production and it is a popular recommendation.
The tonic is comprised of a few chemicals which include Ammonio Methacrylate, Triacetin, butyl acetate, ethyl acetate, ethanol absolute.
These are just the auxiliary ingredients, as the key ingredient that serves the purpose that the tonic is supposed to deliver goes by the active ingredient Amorolfine – which is present in the form of hydrochloride in 5% w/v concentration.
The chief ingredient in Loceryl Nail Lacquer is Amorofline which is recommended as one of the chief combatants of fungal infections by the U.S National Institute of Health:
- Amorofline actively deals with yeast, moulds and fungi.
- It has the ability to interfere with the working of the cells of the fungi, by penetrating the cell and hinders with the production of an enzyme called Ergosterol.
According to NetDoctor UK, Ergosterol is an essential component that makes up the cell membranes of a fungal cell. Once the production of the Ergosterol stops:
- the cell membrane has difficulty maintaining its structure and eventually collapses.
- This causes the contents of the cell to be disoriented and spill out.
- Foreign particles such as microbacteria and unwanted parasites can freely enter the cell and effectively interfere with its working.
- Eventually, the cell dies because it can no longer function.
This whole process takes place on a macro scale and slowly, the fungal host begins to recede and vanishes after a while. That is how the Loceryl Nail Lacquer helps combat nail infection.
Loceryl Application Instructions, Procedure, Precautions.
There is generally a procedure to the usage of medical substances and associated precautions.
Here we have compiled all the necessary ones you’ll need whilst using the Loceryl Nail Lacquer:
- Before application you should use one of the supplied alcohol swabs to wipe the toe clean and remove any previous residue from the last application. Also use it to clean the applicator before and after you use it.
- The part that needs application should be filed using one of the supplied disposable nail files to ensure a smoother area for a more effective application of the tonic. It should only be used once per application and only on the infected nails.
- The lacquer needs to be applied to the affected part of the toe once a week (or more if the doctors suggests) with the applicator that is supplied.
- Apply to the whole surface of the nail properly and be allowed to dry for 3 minutes.
- The treatment should be consistent with no interruptions in between and it also helps if you apply it each week on the same day.
- The lacquer is for external use only and should not be swallowed, inhaled or allowed to come in contact with the eyes, ear and mucous membranes.
- Check if you’re allergic to any of these ingredients prior to using this product.
- If you also have Athlete’s foot, then you should keep the tonic away from that particular area and use a separate powder for that ailment after consulting your doctor.
User Reviews on Loceryl: Does It Work? Any Alternatives?
The Locerly Anti-Fungus Nail Lacquer and CuraNail gel are among the popular remedies on the market for people with fungal nail afflictions.
It’s easy to use, with some of the key advantages of Loceryl Nail Lacquer are:
- It does not need to be applied daily which saves you a lot of fussing. Once a week is enough or maybe two if your infection is more serious and the doctor advises it.
- It is soap and water resistant.
- It can stay on for up to a whole week.
- It effectively absorbs into the nail and cleans it out from the roots within.
- One 5ml can be used to apply the tonic 150 times approximately and can be enough for your whole treatment procedure.
They have received decent reviews from the medical community and consumer market.
>> Check out actual user reviews on Loceryl effectiveness
In case you’ve tried Loceryl products before and it didn’t work on you, below are the other 2 leading toenail fungus treatment solutions in the market for you to learn more and get rid of your nail fungus nightmare.
Option 1: Funginix
The active ingredient of Funginix topical solution by Sisquoc Healthcare is Undecylenic Acid, a natural fatty acid extracted from castor oil.
Additionally, Funginix contains many other natural ingredients with clinically-proven antifungal properties – such as Sweet Almond oil, Clove oil, Jasmine oil, Lavender oil, Bearberry extract, Rose Hip Flower oil, etc.
ZetaClear Homeopathic nail fungus treatment is a 2-Step resolution that combines Topical Solution with Homeopathic Spray:
- Topical ZetaClear nail solution works under the surface to promote healthy nails, while smoothing and softening skin around the nail.
- Oral homeopathic spray that delivers ingredients intended to fight nail fungus directly into the bloodstream that provides natural nail fungus relief.