Nail fungus, also known as Onychomycosis, is a common infection that that starts as a yellow or white spot under the tip of your nails.
As the fungal infection goes deeper into your skin, it may cause discoloration, thickening, and crumbling of the edges of your nails.
While Nailner is an OTC option that you can use to treat nail fungus —
Do the Nailner Repair Pen and 2 in 1 Brush really work to help get rid of toenail / fingernail fungus? Any alternatives?
Nailner Products and Ingredients Review: How Do They Work?
Nailner offers nail fungal treatment in 3 different application forms: Pen, Brush, and Spray.
- Nailner brush / pen / spray are designed to treat and prevent nail fungus
- Nailner also offers Brush 2-in-1 and the Pen 2-in-1 solutions that not only treats the infected nails, but also brightens the nail appearance.
The ingredients of these nail fungus treatment products are as below:
As shown, all Nailner products have an active ingredient called Ethyl Lactate – which is a solvent with antifungal effect that can dissolve into the nail to help fungus treatment.
These over the counter products are designed such that they treat the nail fungus through:
- a patented carrier system that allows the solution to soak the thick keratin layer which softens the nail.
- The Ethyl Lactate in Nailner solution that lower down the pH, adjust the condition of the infected nail and create an unfavorable situation for the fungus to help get rid of them, and thus allows the nail to recover.
Nailner Application Instructions: How To Use?
The application of nailner products (pen, brush, pen 2-in-1, and brush 2-in-1) requires the user to remove any kind of nail varnish before every application.
You do not need to fill your nail with anything before applying the solution, as the formulation contains an ingredient that functions as a moisturizer for the damaged nail, with the moisturizing ingredient improves the dried appearance of the nail.
The application process is straightforward and convenient:
- Step 1: Apply Nailner twice a day for the first 4 weeks of the treatment.
- Step 2: After 4 weeks, the product is to be used once a day until the nail shows signs of a healthy nail.
- The solution should be applied to the entire nail surface as well as the underside of the front most edge of the nail for effective results. It is better to keep your nails clean so that the solution can work efficiently.
- The bottle has to be recapped tightly after each application. A single bottle of nailner brush has sufficient solution for 250 single applications, whereas the nailner pen has a solution that is enough for 400 single applications. However, in extreme cases, the treatment may take up to 12 weeks.
Nailner Reviews: Does It Work? What Are The Alternatives?
Nailner products are a no mess products that are directly applied onto the infected nail without creating any mess. Their ingredients penetrate the nail easily without causing any pain and transform your nail into a healthy one.
The Nailner formulation comes in 3 different forms; brush, pen, and spray giving you a choice to choose how you want to treat your nail fungus.
Nonetheless, the user reviews and forum feedback on Nailner products have been mixed.
>> Check out User Reviews on Nailer Nail Fungus Self-Treatment Product Series at Amazon here
In case you’ve tried Nailner products before and it didn’t work on you, below are the other 2 leading toenail fungus treatment solutions in the market for you to learn more and get rid of your nail fungus nightmare.
Option 1: Funginix
The active ingredient of Funginix topical solution by Sisquoc Healthcare is Undecylenic Acid, a natural fatty acid extracted from castor oil.
Additionally, Funginix contains many other natural ingredients with clinically-proven antifungal properties – such as Sweet Almond oil, Clove oil, Jasmine oil, Lavender oil, Bearberry extract, Rose Hip Flower oil, etc.
ZetaClear Homeopathic nail fungus treatment is a 2-Step resolution that combines Topical Solution with Homeopathic Spray:
- Topical ZetaClear nail solution works under the surface to promote healthy nails, while smoothing and softening skin around the nail.
- Oral homeopathic spray that delivers ingredients intended to fight nail fungus directly into the bloodstream that provides natural nail fungus relief.
Are Nailner Nail Fungus Treatment Products Safe for Kids?
There are many buyers who wants to know if the nailner products are safe for children.
So it is to say that nail fungus is rare in children as they have very flexible and moisturized nails due to which their nails do not crack easily and prevents fungus from entering.
However, nail discoloration in children has a few other causes such as physical trauma, psoriasis, or lack of calcium, amino acid, or vitamins.
It is recommended that you consult a doctor before treating your child with anything. If you doctor diagnosis your child with nail fungus only, then you can use nailner products.
It is instructed that if you want to use nailner products, you should apply it on one nail as children are more likely to get allergies against certain ingredients.
If you kid does not show any sign of allergies only then, you can carry on with treatment.