Let me guess:
You want to get rid of your facial mole – because it is not a beautiful feature like Cindy Crawford’s iconic beauty mark.
Oh, you want to remove body mole because of Fengshui, I see.
Regardless of the motivation, you might be wondering:
How much does surgical mole removal in Singapore cost, eg. National Skin Centre vs clinic?
Just read on, or click on below to go straight to the section.
- Recognize Types of Moles and Cancerous Moles (Melanoma)
- Singapore Mole Removal Surgery Options and Price Comparison: How Much?
- Mole Removal Cream Reviews: Options in Singapore?
- Mole Removal Surgery vs Cream: Pro and Con Comparison
- Mole Removal Singapore In A Nutshell
Understand Types of Moles and Cancerous Moles
Generally, there are 3 different types of skin moles:
• Regular moles are usually symmetrical, uniform color, and have regular borders. Regular moles are typically benign and friendly.
• Irregular moles, also called atypical moles, are unusual looking and can be a range of colour and flat or bumpy.
• Cancerous moles (Melanoma) often have ragged or blurred borders or edges, whilst healthy moles tend to be much rounder with smooth, clearly defined borders.
The ABCDE rule can help you remember the symptoms of Melanoma:
- A for ASYMMETRY: The two halves of the growth is asymmetrical and not matching.
- B for BORDER irregularity: The edges are ragged, irregular, or blurred.
- C for COLOUR variation: Varying shades of brown, black, red, pink, or purple.
- D for DIAMETER: The area is larger than 6 millimeters or is growing larger.
- E for EVOLVING: Change in shape, get bigger, become raised, or swelling.
Monitoring your skin moles is important. For example, cancerous moles may change color or size dramatically in a short period of time, while a normal mole only changes color and size slightly over a long period of time.
If you see one or more of ABCDE signs above, consult your doctor or dermatologist immediately. If you have a suspicious or unusual mole, your doctor may want to obtain a sample of the skin for biopsy diagnosis to confirm if it is benign or cancerous growth.
- Types of Skin Cancer, Singapore Health Promotion Board.
- Skin Cancer, National Cancer Centre of Singapore.
Check out this pictorial guide by The Skin Cancer Foundation, or watch the video below for your better understanding on how to conduct self-examination on mole.
Singapore Mole Removal Surgery and Cost: How Much?
Doctors normally recommend surgical mole removal procedure based on key factors below:
- Size. Examples: Small mole, larger or deeper mole, flat or protruding mole.
- Type / Shape. Examples: Benign mole, atypical mole, vs cancerous mole.
- Location. Examples: Are moles on delicate area like face, nose, around eyes.
Just as people removes skin mole for different reasons, there are varying mole removal places in town that you can go.
Option #1: Mole Removal at Singapore National Skin Centre
You can check out the Singapore National Skin Centre website for the latest mole removal details, or refer the key extracts below.
- Consultation fee may vary from Assoc Consultant to Senior Consultant, and the cost is different for citizens / PR / non-residents:
• For Singapore Citizen: First consultation at $33, follow-up consultation at $31.
• For Singapore PR: First consultation at $49.50, , follow-up consultation at $46.50.
• For resident / non-resident: First consultation in $86.00 – $121.91 range, and follow-up consultation in $61.00 – $88.54 range.
- Upon doctor assessment, the removal of mole can be done either by excision or by CO2 laser, depending on the size and type of mole.
- The FAQs section indicates it costs approximately from $160 to $900 per common mole removal, depending on the treatment option and size of the lesion.
- Patient will not be entitled to government subsidy or the use of Medisave for cosmetic removal of moles that are benign.
- According to Singapore NSC:
Moles come in various shapes and sizes. Moles that protrude may be shaved off with a blade. This leaves a flat scar with a remnant of mole tissue in it. Shaving is a quick and simple way of getting rid of the protrusion but the disadvantage is that the colour of the mole almost always returns. Complete excision followed by stitching is a surer way of removing the entire mole. The size of the scar will depend on the size of mole.
Option #2: Remove Mole at Singapore Clinic
While the mole removal cost varies by clinic and the surgical method used, let’s look at some examples to get a feel of how much does it cost to remove a mole at Singapore clinic:
- If you explore WhatClinic website that shows list of Singapore clinics around your area that offer mole removal service, you can either contact the clinic for fee enquiry (including laser mole removal) or some of them do show their pricing info under the “Treatments and Prices” section. Some examples of the indicated mole removal cost are:
- Dr Tan and Partners Medical Center, Singapore:
• Centre For Cosmetic Rejuvenation & Surgery, Scotts Road: From S$1000
• Aesthetic Medical Clinic, Orchard Road: S$100 – S$300
• The Wellness Clinic, Camden Medical Centre: From S$100 (laser and radiofrequency)
From $120 per mole (excluding GST and consultation):
Laser mole removal cost is $120, excision from $200, consultation $35 to $60.
• If you are looking for Singapore mole removal forum/blog, this clinic’s webpage offers lots of useful info with more than 775 patient-doctor interaction under the comments section.
Option #3: The Controversial Mole Removal at Singapore Beauty Salon
This option is controversial, as some people question whether the staffs at beauty salon / shops (like at Chinatown area) are medically trained to get rid of mole? Is that safe?
The reviews are mixed. For examples:
- Rebirth Aesthetics beauty salon (formally located at Toa Payoh but shifted to Orchard) received some positive feedback, such as Singapore Brides forum on Yuki.
- In contrast, The Straits Times warned the ugly side of (cheap) mole removal at beauty outlets with some offer to remove moles for as little as $5, whereby the Ministry of Health (MOH) says the public should undergo treatment only with registered doctors operating within licensed health-care institutions.
Mole Removal Cream in Singapore: The Options?
Some people feel hesitant on the surgery approach because surgical mole treatment could cause pain with scarring risk, whilst some find visits to doctor are time consuming and costly.
As such, mole removal cream is considered an alternative.
Unlike skin-tag / wart removal products that are abundant in the consumer market, over the counter skin mole removal cream are significantly less.
If you go to local stores and pharmacy in Singapore like Watson and Guardian, mole removal creams are not available for sale – but you could still buy them online.
A top mole removal cream is SkinCell Pro Serum
SkinCell Pro Serum is a popular topical cream formulated with all natural ingredients to remove skin tags, skin moles, and warts effectively with proven results.
The key natural ingredients of SkinCell Pro are flowering plant Sanguinaria Canadensis that stimulates white blood cells to remove a blemish, alongside natural mineral Zincum Muriaticum.
>> Visit SkinCell Pro official website to Learn More
Mole Removal Cream vs Surgery: Pro and Con Comparison
As individual preference on mole removal solution may vary, here is the comparison of invasive mole surgery vs the non-invasive mole removal cream – for you to weigh the pros and cons.
Skin Mole Surgery
Scarring: According to eMedicineHealth, risks of invasive mole removal include nerve damage and scar – which is one of the most common difficulties.
Mole Removal Cream
Mole Removal Singapore In A Nutshell
It is important to note that there is no single “best mole removal” method that meet everyone’s needs.
While different people have varying preference and factors of consideration, doctor recommends the surgical removal procedure based on the mole’s size, shape, type, and location.
Make an educated decision when choosing your mole removal solution in Singapore – whereby this guide has provided an overview on mole removal options and cost comparison for you to weigh the pros and cons.
[shareaholic app=”share_buttons” id=”15119539″]
Do you have any mole removal experience to share?
Where is the place you went to remove moles – was it effective?
Leave a message below and share your thoughts!