Fungal nail infections are basically caused by a fungus spreading under the nail into the nail bed.
These can be picked up anywhere easily and there’s a moist and warm environment, which allows the fungus to spread from one person to another.
While Rejuvenail is one of the OTC products that claim to address nail fungus, does it really work per user reviews? Any alternatives?
But let’s first understand:
Why Should You Treat Fungal Nail Infection Quickly?
Fungal nail infection is also called Onychomycosis, which is a common nail disorder that affects a lot of people. The condition may affect both fingernails and toenails, yet toenail infections are much common. It’s essential to treat this kind of infection as it can be cosmetically unattractive.
People who are participating in different sporting activities that involve running can be at risks as there’s often damage to the toenail, which could infect the nail under:
- Running shoes provide a moist and warm environment that’s perfect for the fungal infection development.
- Occupations where hands are wet often can also increase the risk of fungal infections.
Fungal nail infection may not be a minor infection for some people, yet it should be treated quickly to avoid discomfort and pain in the long run and Rejuvenail can be of great help.
Rejuvenail AntiFungal Nail Treatment: How Does It Work?
Rejuvenail is a nail lacquer specially developed for the treatment of fungal nail infections.
This product contains Ciclopirox as its active ingredient that penetrates the nail to reach the affected area of fungal infection as well as prevents the growth of fungal infection through destroying fungi that cause nail infections.
Some of the advantages of Rejuvenail are it’s easy to use, simple, and clinically tested in penetrating the nail. There is no filing required as well. When compared to some other topical treatments, you don’t have to deal with messy filing of nail.
Below are general application instructions on how to use Rejuvenail:
- Before applying Rejuvenail, you have to ensure that you don’t have nail polish. If you have nail polish, get rid of it and wash dry infected nail.
- Just apply a thin layer over the whole infected nail surface and about 5 millimeters of the surrounding skin and if possible under the nail’s free edge.
- Just brush Rejuvenail on the nail and let it dry for 30 seconds.
- Leave it on the nails for at least six hours overnight and wash it off in the morning. It is recommended to use Rejuvenail daily for at least six to twelve months until healthy and clear nails have re-grown.
According to the manufacturer, nails grow slowly and about 2 to 3 millimeters every month for fingernails and one millimeter every month for toenails so never be disappointed if there’s no visible improvement after several weeks.
It’s crucial to continue treatment until the nails are clear or else the fungi may continue to infect your nails and the condition might get worse again. If the symptoms get worsen or don’t improve after six months for fingernails and twelve months for toenails, consult your doctor as soon as possible.
User Reviews on Rejuvenail: Where To Buy
While we can hardly find user reviews on this product to confirm its efficacy, the user feedback at ProductReview.com.au here showed Rejuvenail has poor rating of 2.2 from 5 reviews per our last check – with users generally feedback that it is not effective and did not work well.
Furthermore, it is also observed that this product is not available for sale at established retail stores and pharmacies like Chemist Warehouse, Amazon, and Priceline, as shown below.
As alternatives, below are the other 2 leading nail fungus treatment solutions in the market for you to learn more and make an educated decision to get rid of your nail fungus nightmare.
Option 1: Funginix
The active ingredient of Funginix topical solution by Sisquoc Healthcare is Undecylenic Acid, a natural fatty acid extracted from castor oil.
Additionally, Funginix contains many other natural ingredients with clinically-proven antifungal properties – such as Clove oil, Jasmine oil, Sweet Almond oil, Rose Hip Flower oil, Lavender oil, Bearberry extract, etc.
ZetaClear Homeopathic nail fungus treatment is a 2-Step resolution that combines Topical Solution with Homeopathic Spray:
- Topical ZetaClear nail solution works under the surface to promote healthy nails, while softening and smoothing skin around the nail.
- Oral homeopathic spray delivers ingredients intended to fight nail fungus directly into the bloodstream that provides natural nail fungus relief.