You know how it is:
The feeling of having big skin moles, which could be very embarrassing.
Many people want the unsightly skin growth removed because they don’t like the way it looks, and some people turned to home remedies as solution.
But does home remedy like baking soda really work to help get rid of skin moles on our body – without side effects?
Directions of Using Baking Soda Home Remedies on Moles
Baking soda, also known as sodium bicarbonate, is a mildly alkaline substance with pH of 9. Theгe is a common bеliеf that the baking soda’s alkalinity and properties can help to remove skin mole, skin tags, and warts.
While this home remedy does not have a rigid way of how to use baking soda for skin moles, we’ve consolidated 4 sample procedures here per user reviews and forum feedback:
Sample Method #1: Baking Soda + Water
- Put some warm water in a cup or bowl, add baking soda to it until a thick paste is formed.
- Apply the baking soda paste on the skin mole, gently rub in circular motion.
- Cover the mole area with a bandage.
- Leave overnight and wash it off in the morning with warm water.
- Repeat the procedure 2 to 3 times daily until the skin mole drops off.
Sample Method #2: Baking Soda + Apple Cider Vinegar
- Combine 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a bowl or cup.
- Mix them until the baking soda powder dissolves.
- Dip a cotton ball in this mixture, and then apply the soaked cotton ball on the mole directly.
- Secure it with a bandage, leave it on for 2 to 3 hours, and wash off with warm water.
- Repeat the procedure 2 to 3 times daily until the skin mole is gone.
Sample Method #3: Baking Soda + Coconut Oil
- Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 2 teaspoons of coconut oil into a small cup or bowl.
- Mix it and store it in the freezer for about half an hour.
- Apply the paste on the skin mole and cover it with a bandage.
- Leave it on overnight and wash off the area with warm water in the following morning.
- Repeat this procedure every night until the mole on your skin drops off.
Sample Method #4: Baking Soda + Castor Oil
- Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 2 drops of castor oil, blend them into a thick paste.
- Apply the paste on the skin mole, then cover with bandage.
- Leave it on for 3 to 4 hours, and wash off with warm water.
- Repeat the procedure 2 to 3 times daily until the skin mole falls off.
Does This Home Remedy Really Work? Any Side Effects?
Based on the experience and forum feedback shared by those who have tried this home remedy, the results are mixed. For examples:
sandhyu at Indusladies shared a success story: “Take a pinch of Washing Soda and a pinch of slaked lime. Mix these two ingredients together without adding water or anything else using a small stick, and apply this paste over the mole and keep it overnight. Take care not to apply on the surrounding skin. You can repeat this one more day. The mole will first bulge and then slowly get dried up and fall off within 2-5 days. It is a simple painless remedy for unwanted mole removal. I tried this on a pepper-sized mole on my face.”
CastorOil at topicalinfo commented: “I made a paste of baking soda and castor oil and apply to the mole. I have been doing this twice a day for about ten days so far. At first, the mole burned a lot. Then an area about 5 times the size of the mole became very inflamed. It bled and oozed and crusted. I stopped the treatment for a couple of days to give my skin a rest. Most of the redness has gone. A lot of scabbing has peeled away.”
opportunist86 at ehealthforum commented: “I had a mole on my face. Someone told me to apply mixture of lime and soda to remove it. I applied it for the first time today and it started burning. After 10-15 minutes when I washed it, it left a big black mark on the skin. It seems like if mole grew and spread more. I’m too much worried. My face looks too ugly. What to do?”
downwiththesickness at ehealthforum commented: “Scratched the round black moles (slightly raised) on my neck with one end of a pair of scissors and then applied the castor/baking soda paste on about 5-6 of them. The area became quite red. I also did the same thing to about 4-5 very small flat tan-ish brown moles on the side of my face… 20-25 minutes later the moles on my neck sting and are a little swollen… Update: I made sure to scratch a little harder this time on the flat moles on the side of my face and re-applied paste, did the same thing to the ones on my neck. It burns, A LOT now. It’s almost unbearable, but I hope this is a sign that it’s working! No noticeable differences to the moles yet!”
Baking Soda For Mole Removal Reviews: The Verdict
The application of baking soda for skin mole removal is a home remedy that has been used with success stories, however the user feedback and results are mixed — some worked well, but some didn’t work (and with side effects).
It is important to note that if the baking soda mole removal self-treatment process does not work on you, do visit a doctor or try alternative treatment to avoid unwanted adverse effects and scarring risk – as there are certainly safer skin mole removal options available.