Getting wart scar tissue as aftermath of genital wart and plantar wart?
You are glad that the warts are gone for good, but the formation of scars mean a new nightmare has emerged.
While wart scar removal could be easily next in your mind, you might be wondering –
Will Genital / Plantar Wart Scar Tissue Go Away?
The chosen wart removal method has direct impact on whether scar will be formed after the wart is removed or treated. For instances:
- WebMD and eMedicineHealth pointed out that curettage and electrosurgery approach are much more likely than cryotherapy freezing to leave scars after wart treatment.
- There are also many cases that scars are caused by improper home wart remedies, such as cut off warts with knife and shave off wart with razor blade.
Wart scar may be permanent or fade over time, depending on how severe the skin tissue was damaged during wart removal, and how well the healing process had gone.
With unsightly wart scars may cause low self-esteem –
what are the solutions to make a scar disappear or make the wart scar less noticeable?
Wart Scar Treatment Option #1: Surgical Approach
If you go to consult a doctor or dermatologist on how to get rid of scar, the medical professionals will assess your scar condition then may recommend medical / surgical approach such as below, as outlined by MedlinePlus:
- Scar Revision Surgery is a method of removing a scar and rejoining the normal skin, like making long scars to be shorter, and making wide scars to be thinner.
- Dermabrasion involves removing the upper layers of the skin with an electrical dermabrasion machine, or a special wire brush called a burr or fraise.
- Skin grafting involves taking small pieces of normal skin to replace scarred skin.
- Skin flap surgery moving an entire, full thickness of skin, fat, nerves, blood vessels, and muscle from a healthy part of the body to the injured site.
Scar Removal Surgery Cost: How Much?
Majority of the surgical scar removal approach will require multiple treatments, that will directly increase the fee and time required to complete the treatment.
And in most cases, surgical approach may be painful and still do not guarantee the results that scar will be completely removed by the end of treatment.
Taking the dermabrasion treatment at Crawley Clinic in West Sussex of UK for instance, with below key info extracted from their official website (last accessed Dec 2015):
- Start with an initial course of 3 treatments for staffs’ assessment on the skin reaction to the treatment, then additional treatments may be required.
- Scars treatment guide: 5 treatments are required, 1x every 10 days.
- Besides, it is recommended to perform a maintenance treatment 1x every 6 to 8 weeks.
- Website disclaimer: “Although micro-Dermabrasion can change the appearance of a scar, it will never be able to fully remove the scar. Depending on the depth and length of the scar, various treatments will be necessary.“
While you should consult your local doctors or dermatologists for the medical scar treatment cost through the surgery approach, refer below for quick reference.
|Laser Skin Resurfacing||Initial Treatment is USD $2700||USD $3500|
|Surgical scar revision||Starts at £1,150||Starts from AUD $650|
|Remarks||Fractional CO2 Laser||Total cost depending on complexity of procedure|
* Source of info (prices are subject to change):
– Carolina Laser & Cosmetic Center, USA.
– ClearClinic, New York, USA.
– The Private Clinic, London, UK.
– Dr Barnouti Plastic Surgery, Sydney, Australia.
With cosmetic scar removal procedures are not typically covered by health insurance, many people are turning to more cost effective options in today’s tough economic climate – such as over the counter solutions that get rid of unsightly scars.
Scar Removal Option #2: Trichloroacetic Acid Chemical Peel
TCA has been widely used for beauty cosmetic purposes, mostly as skin peeling agent to destroy parts of the skin lesions like warts and skin tags.
As trichloroacetic acid is highly irritant and corrosive to body tissue, TCA solution should only be applied to the skin at a controlled concentration by trained personnel like physicians, dermatologists, and skin care professionals.
Nonetheless, there are still cases whereby users self-applied TCA and testified TCA peeling helps to reduce scars, like acne scars and surgery scar:
See what the following TCA users say:
Sally Jones from Phoenix of Arizona
A. Junior from Miami
Laura from Westminster CA
>> Check out more user reviews on trichloroacetic acid scar removal experience
However, there are also cases whereby TCA did not work per intended, like below:
Siani feedback: ‘I used this TCA 30% on some scars on my foot & knees. Didn’t frost what so ever. It tingled for a little. I reapplied & still nothing. It didn’t work for me. My foot looks very wrinkly, kinda worse than it was before.’
Samantha nolan said: ‘TCA just leaves scars for months. Not worth it.’
Sweet P commented: ‘I tried TCA on my tattoo and it gave me a raised scar. I tried it again as per directions and it made the scar bigger and thicker.’
Wart Scar Treatment: TCA Side Effects & Warnings
Medical experts warn that Trichloroacetic Acid should only be applied to the skin at a controlled concentration by trained personnel like dermatologists and physicians.
This is because, just as this chemical’ Material Safety Data Sheet stated, TCA is highly irritant and corrosive to body tissue, whereby TCA
- is a corrosive irritant to the skin, eyes, and mucous membranes.
- may cause severe burns and is highly irritating to the eyes and skin.
- may induce side effects like burning, swelling, tenderness.
While it is strongly NOT recommended to apply Trichloroacetic Acid on delicate body areas such as the genital and face –
it is important for users to recognize the risk of self-applying TCA, including side effects like TCA burns, as testified by the user feedback below:
* ‘At first two days I used was burn like hell but after 10 mins.’ – by Laura J. Urrutia.
* ‘It burns like a heater after 16 seconds. I was dancing and fanning to keep it on as long as I could..’ – by Aliyah A. Abdullah of Harleston SC on TCA 30%.
* ‘This stuff is strong!! I felt like Satan was breathing down on my face the whole 60 seconds! Yes, I could only tolerate 60 seconds of this stuff!’ – by Alex Reads on TCA 50%.
Where To Buy Trichloroacetic Acid
TCA are available for sale at Amazon in various concentrations level, with the recommended TCA supplier is Erlenmeyer’s Laboratory, LLC.
Option #3: Over The Counter Scar Removal Cream
In case you are exploring wart scar removal alternative to avoid the TCA burning sensation and the risk of self-applying TCA with corrosive characteristic —
another option is to check out over the counter cream/product formulated to get rid of scars.
A leading over the counter scar removal product is Dermefface FX7 scar reduction therapy solution by Skinception.
Dermefface FX7 is a topical scar cream with proprietary formula that combines 7 active ingredients, 10 potent antioxidants, and 5 moisturizers that work synergistically on every layer of skin to diminish the scar appearance, including skin cell regeneration.
Dermefface FX7 scar cream contains natural ingredients like Allantoin, HRGPs Glycopeptides, Niacinamide, D-Panthenol, and plant-based Pentavitin that help get rid of scars.
>> Check out comprehensive Dermefface FX7 review.
>> Find out more at Skinception Dermefface FX7 Official Website.
Genital & Plantar Wart Scar Tissue Removal: The Verdict
Wart scar may be permanent or fade over time, depending on how severe the skin tissue was damaged during wart treatment, and how well the wart scar tissue healing process had gone.
With surgical scar removal procedures are costly and not typically covered by health insurance, many people are turning to more cost effective over the counter options like TCA chemical peel and wart scar removal cream.
There is no one single best way to remove wart scars, as different people may have different preference and pain tolerance level. This review post gives an overview that should help you make an educated decision.